Abominable Movie Reviews & Tickets

Check Abominable Movie Reviews from audience. Find Abominable Movie Tickets Coupon Code Offers. Abominable in Theaters at September 27, 2019. The Abominable (2019) Animation, Adventure and Comedy Film. Get now, Abominable Movie 2019 advance tickets available at fandango. Abominable Movie written and directed by Jill Culton and co-directed by Todd Wilderman. Abominable 2019 Movie Tickets on Sale. Fall Offer into a Perfect Night in Spend $75* on gift cards and get 4 FREE movie rentals!

Know Before You Watch Abominable Movie 2019:
Abominable (2019) Movie Cast: Chloe Bennet as Yi, Albert Tsai as Peng, Tenzing Norgay Trainor as Jin, Eddie Izzard as Burnish, Sarah Paulson as Dr. Zara, Tsai Chin as Nai Nai and Michelle Wong.

Abominable Movie Director: Jill Culton, Todd Wilderman (co-director)
Abominable Movie Writer: Jill Culton
Abominable Movie Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy
Abominable Movie Release Date: September 27, 2019

Abominable movie duration 1hr 37 minutes (Total 97 minutes). You can use hashtags #Abominable and #AbominableMovie in your social media share post.

Synopsis: A magical Yeti must return to his family.

This film is visually stunning and a fun time for kids and family. The animation is spectacular and visually gorgeous to look at and the screenplay delivers heart and emotion however while the storyline is enjoyable. Favorite funny part was the whooping snakes. They made everyone in the theater laugh. Whoop there it is. I’d love to see it again. Everyone needs to go watch Abominable! Not only was it hilarious & beautifully animated, it touched on the emotional roller coaster of losing a loved one. This movie teaches children that every creature big & small should be cared for & treated correctly.

Parents will love this movie just as much as children. It’s a good family film for kids and family to enjoy.

Image Credit: imdb

Type here your Abominable movie review, rating, comments and observations of the movie.

0 voters

Abominable Movie Review:

Abominable is a decent animated adventure that the little ones will thoroughly enjoy, but will leave parents wanting more. This year has had some excellent animated films thanks to Toy Story 4 and How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, and Abominable tries to reach the same level of greatness but just does not succeed. Starting with what the film got right, it has a great voice cast. Chloe Bennet is wonderful as Yi and truly brings this character to life in the big screen. The film is full of great messages about family and loss, and mixed with the influence of Chinese culture gives something for children to be exposed to other traditions like Crazy Rich Asians and Always Be My Maybe for adults. However, the film felt flat with the characters. I felt that they were not very well developed, it felt like there was an idea there for the characters but they weren’t taken far beyond that initial idea. Even the Yeti character was just ok, he was mainly a plot device and some cheap laughs but cannot become a loveable non vocal character like Toothless. The laughs were mainly for the children, there were some good laughs for the adults but this film was definitely targeted for the little ones. And finally, the animation was just okay. It was nowhere near the detailed and gorgeous animation seen in Toy Story 4 or the third How To Train Your Dragon Film and it pulled me out of the story at multiple times. The film is enjoyable, and I definitely had fun watching it, but because of the underdeveloped characters and so-so animation I was finding the run time drag on in the film’s middle act. If you have kids, Abominable is easily the film you want to take them to as the little ones at my screening loved the movie, but just be prepared for a more generic animated film that does not create an equally rewarding experience for parents.

Rating: 7/10

Abominable Movie Review.

Pros:
+Animation
+Voice Acting
+Main Cast ( sort of)

I really walked into this film with low expectations. The trailer didn’t sell me squat at all. Even with that I walked in and said: “ehh it can’t be that bad.” Then I walked out saying " ok this was actually pretty fun." Was it the best animated film that I’ve seen this year? Well here the thing.

Oh Yea * The voice acting in this is really spot on. From the ones that you expect (Chloe Bennett, Eddie Izzard, and Sarah Paulson) to the surprise performance from (Tenzing Norgay Trainor.) They really brought these characters to life. I was very impressed. *The Animation just kept me smiling from ear to ear. From the glorious look of China, to seeing the beautiful night sky just draw you in and just wish you were actually their. It was really nice to look at. My next vacation is definitely China…maybe…sigh im so broke😭 -Oh Nah
Ok, no lie this film was very inconsistent on its rules. One minute you kind of understand how these " mystical magic" works, but, then the film says “ehh let’s just do this thing because meh we need it.” Also, character emotions just flip on a dime, not allowing the big moments to sit and marinate.

Are you wondering why this film feels so familiar? Well, it’s because it takes a little bit from other well-liked properties. From E.T and a little bit from How to Train Your Dragon are sprinkled around this film. While still enjoyable, you can’t help but notice the similarities.

Bottom Line

While Abominable isn’t original, the story is pretty simple, and the writing is just making up its own rules, mannnnn y’all I still had a good time. I laughed, I cared, and most importantly, I wasn’t bored.

Abominable is light heart headed, whimsical, and just a good time. I fully recommend this film.